Monday, July 18, 2011

18th July 2011

               I had no intentions in doing anything today, actually. I had spent my whole entire day watching Grey's Anatomy on the television. I really didn't come to Malaysia for this. None of my sisters were up for anything enjoyable, until Amy called up. She told me how Chelsea F.C. was arriving later on that day. I didn't feel as enthusiastic as Liverpool's, as i wasn't a fan of Chelsea's and also, felt quite out of place . However, as Frank Lampard's image popped up on my mind, i immediately went into the bathroom and took a shower. Went to Amy's to pick her up and then, straight away, headed to One World Hotel. We were the first ones to arrive that's for sure. As time went by, everything changed. More people started to gather. Two lines within a gap was put up. Which indicates how they were almost arriving. Amy and I quickly ran right in front of the line. We stood there for another hour until the players finally arrive. Loads of fans started to gather. One by one, players went out from the bus. I didn't feel as enthusiastic, as i had said before. Until, Frank Lampard came through that walk. I screamed his name repeatedly. He was busy signing his autograph for some other people beside me. When he finally came towards me, i opened my sharpie cap and put my paper and the pen right in front of him. He took the pen and gently signed an autograph as there were no hard covers under it. When he finally finished inking my piece of paper, i thank him with a few gratitude and those three words suddenly came out of nowhere. It wasn't just the fact i said "I Love You" to a football player, he turned his head, looked at me, and gave me a cheesy smile which girls would immediately fall for while continuing signing his autograph for the next person beside me. I felt quite honored, embarrassed and happy at the same time to have that one moment with him. It felt as though time had stopped. I know it may sound quite absurd. However, for me, it was definitely a moment i'd want to cherish. After thinking it through, i definitely didn't regret doing anything nor saying anything. Tried getting Fernando Torres's autograph. However, this Indonesian family beside me was pulling my hand as though telling me that they didn't want me to get his signature apart for their family. I was quite angry. My adrenaline started to pump hard and fast. I felt like punching the father. He was definitely encouraging his son of doing absurd things in the future. Instead, i just calmed down, and walked away. Went to Juice Works after, and took a taxi to Amy's until around 5.30 where we drove back to my house to fetch my sister for dinner and for grocery shopping. This day too, shall never be forgotten. Thank you Frank Lampard for changing the atmosphere upside down. You're the best